- restrictions on I-270 in
have been lifted for today and tomorrow for the July 4th holiday. Montgomery County
- All indoor and outdoor pools in the County are now open. All regularly scheduled Recreation Department programs and activities are cancelled for Tuesday, July 3.
- Wait time to drop off debris and trash at the County’s Solid Waste Transfer Station is currently 45 minutes to one hour. Residents are encouraged to delay visits or put use curbside collection, if possible.
- Residents without power are encouraged to use the two cooling centers set up at Richard Montgomery High School and White Oak Community Recreation Center, as well as the County’s recreation centers and libraries (except Silver Spring, Davis and Little Falls, which still do not have power). Check www.montgomerycountymd.gov/rec andwww.montgomerycountymd.gov/libraries for hours of operation.
- July 4th fireworks celebrations,
in Kensington, Germantown Glory, City of Mid-County Sparkles and City of Rockville are cancelled. Gaithersburg
- Circuit Court remains closed today. District Court is open.
- MC311 will be open today from to Callers are asked to be patient if they experience delays when calling 311 because of the high call volume. MC311 is operating from a temporary location because of power outages at its building, and this has contributed to some delays. The web portal -- www.mc311.com -- is available 24 hours a day to report downed trees and other non-emergency issues.
- Residents can get real-time information on road closures in their neighborhoods on line athttp://www5.montgomerycountymd.gov/snowmap/. Enter an address and zoom in to see detailed neighborhood information. Closed roads, or portions of roads that are closed, will appear in black on the map, as noted in the legend on the left side of the page.
- PEPCO reports 76,500 customers are still without power in
. Montgomery County
- Stay up-to-date with changes, cancellations, etc. by subscribing to Alert Montgomery athttps://alert.montgomerycountymd.gov.
- To report “hot” or sparkling wires, especially those across roadways, call 911.
- To report power outages, call Pepco at 877-737-2662, Allegheny Power at 800-255-3443, or Baltimore Gas & Electric at 877-778-2222.